- Every patient has an IV catheter placed prior to anesthesia to ensure we have access to give necessary medications during the procedure. We can maintain blood pressure with IV fluids, give medications to raise heart rates, and give pain medications this way.
- Every patient is intubated for anesthesia with a new endotracheal tube. This ensures we can give breaths to the patient to deliver adequate oxygen throughout the procedure.
- Every patient has a dedicated technician to monitor them during anesthesia. Our monitoring equipment is state of the art, and includes: a continuous electrocardiogram, pulse oximeter, electronic respiratory monitor, blood pressure monitor, capnograph, and thermometer to monitor temperature. This allows us to follow trends and catch changes in the patient’s status throughout the anesthetic procedure, to prevent any unsafe conditions from developing.
- Every patient utilizes warming blankets and fluid warmers to maintain their body temperatures during anesthesia (especially important during dentals when patients may get a little wet, and during abdominal procedures).
- Every patient has a personalized anesthetic plan, including appropriate pain medications, that are tailored to the patient’s life stage, chronic disease processes, organ function, and the procedure being performed. We also ensure every patient goes home with pain medications and anti-inflammatories as needed after their procedure, so that their recovery is as smooth and pain free as possible.
At Stonebridge, we are proud to offer the most current, high quality anesthetic care available. Please check out AAHA.org for more information regarding high quality anesthetic practices. Booking a vet appointment in McKinney is as easy as a click.